A complete educational tool kit for modern times
- Introducing a complete educational tool kit designed to guide engineering students
- Affordable way of outfitting labs with RF measurement equipment, providing a practical approach to vector network analysis and supporting remote learning
Sneak product preview
The new Copper Mountain Technologies (CMT) University Kit is a specialized and complete solution including three options of vector network analyzer models, calibration module, devices under test (DUTs), and accessories needed for executing an array of common VNA measurements.
The kit combines RF theory with a robust hands-on VNA experience – and includes an array of materials to promote student engagement. The solution allows for students to prepare for measurements and process results remotely. While the kit includes some teaching labs out-of- the-box, CMT’s applications engineers can assist with creating additional labs designed to walk students through common VNA measurements. The University Kit is backed by comprehensive support from Copper Mountain Technologies’ expert engineers.
Vector Network Analyzer options for the University Kit include the CMT304U 2-port 3.2 GHz Analyzer, CMT804U 2-port 8 GHz Analyzer, and the CMT808U 4-port 8 GHz Analyzer. The University Kit will enable users to learn all major S-parameter measurements such as impedance, VSWR, return loss, and insertion loss using the included filter and antenna.
1-stop shop and out-of-the-box benefits for universities
- Complete solution designed specifically for universities brings together the key tools needed to teach RF test skills
- Cost and time effective: Cost benefits significantly outweigh individual purchase of equipment, software, accessories, and materials
- Ease of implementation: 1-stop solution that helps purchasing professionals and professors alike, makes it easy to purchase, implement and deploy a complete setup.
- Out-of-the-box teaching labs and additional support to prepare test lab set-ups to for common VNA measurements
“Cost-efficiency and ease-of-implementation are becoming increasingly important. Coupled with evolving requirements, scarce resources need to be efficiently allocated. A complete toolkit like this one is highly practical and extremely easy to implement.”
Signal Solutions aims to promote solutions that will help our customers create efficient routines, up-to-date, complete, and modern test environments that are cost-efficient and easy to purchase and maintain. CMTs University Kit helps us bring yet another benchmark solution to our customers, better serve universities and grow our customer base.
A little bit about Signal Solutions’ partner, Copper Mountain Technologies
Copper Mountain Technologies develops metrology-grade USB vector network analyzers (VNAs), calibration kits, and accessories, including an RF measurement module and a software application that runs on an external PC, laptop, or tablet and connects to the measurement hardware via USB interface.
Users can take advantage of the latest operating systems, processing power, larger displays, and reliable performance of an external PC while realizing a lower total cost of ownership and simplified maintenance. The result is a faster, more effective test process that fits into the modern workspace. CMT’s VNAs are used by engineers in defense, automotive, materials measurement, medical, broadcasting, telecommunications, and other industries.
Contact us for more information or a quotation.