The new D4000 RF Downconverter – Portable, high performance and 5G Ready
Signal solutions is proud to represent leading RF equipment suppliers around the globe. If you are looking to further enhance your test environment with a device that can grow with you, thinkRF’s D4000 RF Downconverter is the latest in 5G technology that can retain, upgrade and extend performance of your existing spectrum analysis equipment.
The thinkRF D4000 RF Downconverter extends existing RF test equipment and features 24-40 GHz frequency range and 500 MHz real-time bandwidth with 100 kHz tuning resolution. The portable, high performance, and plug-and-play platform enables purpose-built, 5G-ready solutions for applications such as signal analysis, electronic warfare, spectrum monitoring, drive testing, transmission test, interference testing, and customer premise equipment test. The D4000 is compact, portable, and suitable for a variety of deployment scenarios and applications.
According to thinkRF, the new and highly compact device is the industry’s first 40 GHz RF Downconverter to meet new 5G standards, reducing time to market and costs for mobile operators and system integrators.
- KEY FEATURES
- WIDE BAND: The D4000 has 500 MHz of Analog Bandwidth – the widest on the market in this compact form factor. This is important because the maximum channel bandwidth for 5G is 400 MHz.
- FREQUENCY COVERAGE: This covers the entire mm-Wave frequency range for 5G FR2 from 24 to 40 GHz.
- PRE-SELECT FILTERING – The sophisticated RF filter technology of D4000 eliminates out-of-band signals and enables spurious mitigation. Without filtering these can result in interference within the analysis bands.
- SINGLE IF OUTPUT – This makes it easier to integrate with Spectrum Analyzers or Receivers.
- BUILT-IN LOCAL OSCILLATORS This eliminates the requirement for external synthesizers.
Advantages of D4000 Downconverters/Tuners
- Wideband: Up to 500 MHz of analog bandwidth
- Frequency: From 24 to 40 GHz which covers the entire mm-wave frequency range for 5G FR2.
- Pre-select filtering: Sophisticated RF filter technology that eliminates out-of-band signals and enables spurious mitigation. Without filtering these can result in interference within the analysis bands.
- Single IF output: Easy integration with spectrum analyzers or receivers.
- Built-in local oscillators: Eliminates the need for external synthesizers.
- Extensible: Can be extended to cover lower 5G FR1 bands using other complementary ThinkRF receiver products.
In addition to exceptional performance in frequency range, the D4000 has several other differentiators that makes it an ideal component for 5G signal monitoring.
Signal Solutions partner thinkRF is an innovative company focusing on software defined, real time spectrum analyzers to a unbeatable price vs performance ratio. The spectrum analyzers offers easy remote control via downloadable APIs in most available protocols.